"DRIVE MY CAR" The Beatles Drive-In Film Festival
Saturday 17th July 15:00-23:00
Featuring three major feature films:
* A Hard Day’s Night
The Beatles’ first film, released in 1964, this became the defining ‘pop music film’ format for the era. It was nominated for two Academy Awards.
* The Cavern: The Beat Goes On
Documentary about The Cavern club, the beating heart of Merseybeat where The Beatles were first
discovered by Brian Epstein. From its evolution as a jazz club in the 1950s to the new Cavern that stands there today, the Cavern Club still celebrates live music.
* Looking for Lennon
Nominated for a National Film Award, this documentary tells the story of John Lennon’s traumatic childhood and adolescent years through the people who knew John personally.
• Two more Beatles films, including the upcoming ‘Here, There & Everywhere’ preview and award winning short film ‘The Beatles and Us’.
• Live music from top tribute band The Dung Beatles, plus other artists performing acoustic sets.
• Sculptor Andrew Edwards brings his replica iconic John Lennon statue from the Liverpool waterfront as well as his new bust of Brian Epstein that he is working on. He will be doing a
presentation and talking to guests.
• Expert talks, with speakers that include Beatles historian David Bedford, author of ‘Liddypool: Birthplace of The Beatles’ and consultant on ‘Looking for Lennon’.
• Excellent food, drink and merchandise – all Covid-secure and enjoyable from the comfort and safety of your car. Or if permitted outside your car in your own area
• Rare Beatles footage courtesy of the Kaleidoscope Archive.
• Other short films, guests and speakers to be announced.
• On site camping available
• SIT IN OR OUTSIDE YOUR CAR
• ACCESS TO THE ENCHANTED WOODLAND FOR TALKS, WORKSHOPS AND ACOUSTIC SETS
• ONLY 120 CAR SPACES AVAILABLE